11 October 2014

About BerlinBrigade.com Education Initiative


Greetings again, 

How are you? I do hope all is good in your neck of the woods! 

 This weekend I want to briefly talk about the BerlinBrigade.com Education Initiative. 

In order to get it launched and well underway I believe you should know and understand what it is that I am trying to do with the EI. 

In its simplest form, I envision the BerlinBrigade.com Education Initiative to be the “go-to” place for all Educators about West Berlin, the Berlin Wall. the US Army in Berlin, the Occupation of Berlin from 1945 to 1990, and the people that served in Berlin during that period of World History. 

The vision is to provide accurate information about dates and events during the Occupation of Berlin. Whenever possible, it would great to have first-hand accounts of those events in West Berlin. Then take that information and put into a format that is used by students and scholars as part of their academic pursuits. 

The reason behind the initiative is to fill a void that is rapidly created as time moves further and further away from time and place in history that we knew as the Occupation of Berlin (‘45–’90). 

Therefore, I will be creating a list of the dates and events that I would like to initially provide and then if you or someone you know would like to contribute to providing the “real” Berlin Brigade story.

It will be a long and arduous task but with your support, I do believe we can make the BerlinBrigade.com Education Initiative a first class affair. 

In order, to become the premiere location for all things Berlin Brigade we must work together. 

Therefore, I want to create a Master Group

The Master Group will compose of individuals that will help guide and direct the Education Initiative. If you feel you are up the challenge then please drop me an email (dave@berlinbrigade.com). 

 This offer is open to not just Veterans of the Berlin Brigade but to Educators at the K-12 and College & University levels. I would really like to hear from you. 

Thank you,
David G. Guerra

No comments: