26 June 2014

World Cup 2014: USA vs. Germany (June 26, 2014)

Hello und Wie Gehts?  How are you? June 26, 2014. What a great day!


The title of this blog post is something that we have been familiar with for so very long: USA vs. Germany.

This time USA vs. Germany is all about the soccer pitch.  We knew this day was coming.  We knew this day was going to happen.  We have been excited and looked forward to this day since the 2014 World Cup group selections were announced.  When the United States was put in the same group as Germany, many of us on both sides of the Atlantic began looking forward to this day.

Well, that day is today! Who do we cheer for?

Many of us will cheer for the United States.  Many others will cheer for Germany.  Today, however, I find myself in a unique situation, I am cheering for both.

Born and raised in the United States, I cheer for the United States because that is my home team.  Having such a deep bond and a deep connection with Berlin and Germany, I cheer for Germany.  Then what makes it even more interesting is that there are five players on the U.S. team that have roots in Germany (dual citizenship) and the head coach is from Germany.  It can be difficult and deciding whom to root for becomes even more difficult.

Thus, I have decided that I will cheer for both teams and expect a very good match.  No matter who wins, loses, or ties, all of us are expecting a very good match in Brazil today.

Good Luck Team USA and Viel Glück Deutschland!

Who are you cheering for?

No comments: